All work is covered by Full Professional Indemnity Insurance
Some signs that your horse may benefit from massage therapy:
- Sore back
- Dipping, flinching, violent tail swishing when grooming the back
- Stiffness on the rein
- Tail carried to one side
- Poor or reduced performance
- Unevenness of steps
- Reluctance to jump
- Behavioural - bucking, rearing, not wanting a saddle on, refusing to stand still when being mounted
- Head shy
- Disunited canter
- Problems with incorrect canter lead
- Uneven muscle tone
- Reluctance / difficulty maintaining an outline or engaging hindquarters
- After a fall when all other possible health causes have been ruled out by veterinary examination.
Think of the Chiropractic Treatment you receive for a sports injury and you have Equine Massage Therapy.
The Equine Sports Massage Therapy developed along with Human Sports Massage Therapy and the two practises are closely related. Both have been practised for many years.
Sports Massage Therapy works for you, it works for your horse.
Pamela will travel to you wherever you are located within the UK
A Guide to Basic Equine Stretching Course
One Day Course: 9:30am - 4:30pm (including lunch)
Tutor: Pam Bryan - E.A.A.F. - E.S.M.T
A comprehensive course of well defined principles & techniques for safely stretching your horses muscles. The exercises will enhance the performance of your horse & minimise the incidence of injury.
- The importance of stretching
- When to stretch
- How to stretch
- Order of stretch
- Typical Equine problems
- How muscles work together in groups
This course is suitable for all owners & trainers, be it beginners or advanced, who wish to contribute to the development of the horses they ride.
This class is open to everyone in good physical condition.
- 24th March
- 28th March
- 26th May
Please email me for places on this course, booking form and any further information required.
Performance Improvements may be seen in a horse used for the following equine sporting activities as muscle injuries are more likely to occur: Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping, Racing, Point to Point, Steeple Chasing, Hacking out, Working Horses and Driving Horses. Contact Pamela for a consultation.